How to Make Magic Modeling Clay
- 1). Combine 2 cups of baking soda, 1 cup of cornstarch and 1 1/2 cups of cold water in a pan. Stir the ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- 2). Place the pan over your stove on medium heat. Stir the mixture until it boils.
- 3). Continue stirring to remove any lumps. Set a pan cover slightly askew and cook the mixture until it has the consistency of mashed potatoes. Keep a close watch on the pan and stir every few minutes to avoid burning the mixture.
- 4). Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Saturate a kitchen towel in cold water and wring out so it is damp rather than dripping. Place the towel over the mixture and allow it to cool.
- 5). Sprinkle cornstarch on a clean kitchen surface and knead the mixture once it has cooled. Knead the mixture until pliable, then use as desired.