How to Bleed a Hydraulic Cylinder on a Car Lift
- 1). Top off the hydraulic lift with hydraulic fluid. Remove the nut on the fill hole located on the top of the hydraulic lift. Pour the fluid into the hole.
- 2). Replace the nut that you removed from the fill hole. Turn the nut clockwise to tighten it in place.
- 3). Extend the hydraulic lift to its longest point.
- 4). Loosen the bleeder nut until the hydraulic extension begins to slowly retract without any assistance.
- 5). Let the hydraulic lift retract on its own until water begins to come out of the bleeder hole.
- 6). Monitor the fluid coming out of the bleeder hole. Wait until there are no bubbles in the fluid and then tighten the bleeder nut to stop the flow of fluid.
- 7). Use a rag to wipe any spilled hydraulic fluid off the surface of the hydraulic lift.