How Do I Replace the Glass Window in a Ford Mustang Door?
- 1). Pry the power window switch and bezel out of the door panel with a trim tool. Disconnect the switch from the wiring harness and set it aside. Pry the lock switch out in the same manner and disconnect it from the wiring harness as well, if (depending on the model year) you have a separate lock switch.
- 2). Remove the screw from the door panel with the Phillips screwdriver and lift the door panel up and off the door by hand.
- 3). Raise the window glass to the top of the window frame and tape it in place with the packing tape. Unbolt the window glass from the window regulator with the socket set.
- 4). Remove the tape from the glass carefully, while holding the glass in place by hand. Lower the glass into the door several inches and then tilt the glass towards the front of the Mustang and lift it up and out of the window frame towards the outside of the Mustang.
- 5). Set the old glass aside and lower the new glass into the door in the reverse manner of how you removed the old glass. Tape the new glass to the top of the window frame with the packing tape and then bolt it to the window regulator with the socket set.
- 6). Reinstall the door panel in reverse of how you removed it, reconnect the switches and remove the packing tape from the window glass.