How to Change the Front Brake Pads on a Dyna Super Glide
- 1). Remove the caliper. Depending on the year of your Dyna Glide, it will either be held on with bolts or retaining clips. If it has bolts, there will be an upper and lower one that can be removed with an Allen wrench. If it has retaining clips, turn the clips until they jut out of the caliper, then pull them out with a pair of pliers. The caliper can then be removed from the bike by hand.
- 2). Visually inspect the caliper for damage. If it is cracked or otherwise damaged, replace it. In the more likely case that it is fine, spray it down with brake cleaner.
- 3). Remove the brake pads from the caliper by hand.
- 4). Press down on the front brake pedal to force the piston all the way out of the caliper, then spray it and the springs down with brake cleaner.
- 5). Use the end of a screwdriver to force the caliper's piston to the bottom of its bore.
- 6). Install the new brake pads into where you removed the old.
- 7). Follow the directions in reverse for reassembly.